ACE Course Number: CEP 18344
Saturday - Day 1 (5 hours)12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Pre-Requisite: Anatomy terminology as related to pilates. Review of safety precautions for all populations.
Sunday - Day 2 (7 hours)9 a.m. to 12p.m.
History of pilates, principles of pilates, kinetic terms, planes of motion
12 p.m. to 1 p.m.(lunch break)
1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
Anatomy from a pilates perspective (review from day 1)
Postural alignment and assessments
Safety and special populations
Building a safe and effective group class
3 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Pilates beginning mat exercises
Review and practice of each exercise
Validations and modifications will be discussed
Saturday - Day 3 (7 hours)12 p.m. to 3 p.m.
Review of beginning mat work and pregnancy and special populations lecture.
3 p.m. to 5p.m.
Pilates intermediate exercises: Review and practice of each exercise. Variations and modifications will be discussed.
Sunday - Day 4 (7 hours)9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Review of intermediate mat exercises. Student practice teaching exercises.
12 p.m. to 1 p.m. (lunch break)
1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
Pilates advanced exercises. Variations and modifications will be discussed.
3 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Teaching skills, communication skills, cueing, legal guidelines
Saturday - Day 5 (6 hours)12 p.m. to 3 p.m.
Review of all exercises(Beginning, intermediate and advanced repertoire.)
Students practice teaching all exercises in groups Review safety and special populations
3 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Written exam on anatomy, exercises, saftey, special populations and scheduling of practical exam when appropriate to pass curriculum course and receive ACE continuing education credits.
This mat curriculum is a 30 hour program. This program will teach you the core Mat exercises and fundamental concepts and principles of Joseph Pilates. It also assists in integrating the core exercises into your other training programs. Learn how to progress the movements that will meet the special needs of your clients. This course also covers client assessment, basic posture/gait and how to design your class to provide a safe yet effective environment that will increase flexibility, strength and endurance for each individual.
- Course Objectives
- Learn exercises and principles of a Pilates Mat class
- Learn the concepts and primary goal of each exercise
- Learn how to teach a 60 minute Mat class
- Learn anatomy from Pilates perspective
- Pre-Requisites/Program Requirements
- Attend a minimum of 5 or more Pilates mat and/or equipment classes at any facility of your choice
- 10-15 hours of mat class practice or teaching at any facility of your choice. Please bring in log back with instructor name and signature.
- Read pages 1-50 before commencement of class: Anatomy of Movement by Blandine Calais-German
- Required reading: Please purchase before class begins
- Anatomy of Movement by Calais-German, Blandine:(Available at book stores nationwide and Amazon.com)
- Illustrated Essential of Musculoskeletal Anatomy by Sieg & Adams
- Addtional Reading:
- Anatomy Coloring Book: Wynn Kapit/Lawarence Elson
- Pilates Return to Life Through Contrology by Joseph H. Pilates and William John Miller
- Your Health by Joseph H. Pilates
- Include payment and registration form.
- Mat Course Only:
$300.00 - This includes: 30 hours of training, manual and use of facility for practice hours
- Curriculum Test:
You must have attended and completed all course requirements before curriculum test is given.
$75.00 - This includes instructing minimum of a 30 minute mat class and passing a written exam. Must take within a 6 month period. Test to be scheduled after course is completed.
Or $350.00 Total (purchase mat training two weeks before beginning of course).
Payments: Personal check, cash, MasterCard and Visa are accepted. (A 3% additional charge on MasterCard and Visa purchases
For an application or additional questions, please call 480-250-2025 or e-mail at email@example.com
Instructor: G Pelliteri Owner: Pilates/Gyrotonic Institute of Scottsdale